CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 27, 2007

I Love My Family!

Well, it's been a little while since my last post so I thought I'd check in. Another work week over and done. Praise the Lord for not only a good job, but the ability to work at that job! I'm excited about next weekend because mom and Muddy are coming to Louisiana to see Mamaw Stamper in Hebert. I'll be driving up to see them and I can't wait! I'm so thankful that I have a close relationship with my mom. She is my mother as well as my best friend. I hated to see mom and dad move to Tennesse a few years back, but I knew that it was God's will and that made it a little easier to accept. I do miss my shopping partner, though! LOL!! That's not to say that I don't miss my dad, too. It's been very difficult to find a home church that I feel comfortable with. I tend to compare every pastor to the only one I had for 28 years...my dad! There's just not another one like him. Having mom and dad here in Lake Charles with me and Bill was such a blessing. They really helped keep us strengthened spiritually and gave us a lot of guidance. I guess there comes a time when you have to grow up and do it on your own, though! Boy, I didn't know this post would end up being a homage to my parents!!!
I guess trying to have a baby has made me miss my family a little more. I remember growing up in a preacher's home. We moved around alot, which wasn't really so bad except that I didn't get to see extended family as much as I would've liked. I guess that's why I always looked forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas so much. I always sort of envied my cousins for getting to live so close to Muddy and Gepa (or Mamaw and Papaw). I pray that when I do have a child, God will make a way for me to be a little closer to some family. There's one for your prayer list! I know that God can make a way if it is His will.
Goodness, I didn't mean to get so deep for this post! I'll be sure that my next one is something uplifting!!! To all my family that reads this (immediate and extended) I love you guys and treasure the times that I get to visit with you. I hope there will be many more of those times to come!!!

9 comments:

Fred said...

Nello Niece Jennifer!
I loved your thoughts about your Dad's being your pastor. I believe my girls can also identify with this in some ways!!!

Anonymous said...

Reading this makes me want to come and visit with you guys even more! I can't wait to see ya'll in Thanksgiving! Love ya! Your bro, Jonathan

L A Brannen said...

There is an easy way to solve the problem. Sell out, pack up, and move to Tennessee. :0 lol
You never know the future. Janis and I may end up living in Hebert one day. I don't think that will happen but if it did there would be enough room for you and Bill to sell out again, pack up again, and move to Hebert.

Anonymous said...

I personally think you all should pack up and move to CO.
Jennifer, if you all moved here, then Mom and Daddy would have to visit us more - LOL!!!
Especially with a new grandbaby - one day.
We miss you all and you all are welcome here in CO at anytime.

Unknown said...

Well Cousin, you hit it on the head when you said it is hard to find a home church without comparing the pastor to the best/only one you had all your life. We are a chosen people (P.Ks. I mean). We are blessed with a stability that some never know..having the same pastor. And yet, we have a lot of instability with moving from place to place. I love you so much! I cherish my times with you as well and this was way uplifting to me! I love you!

Travelin' On said...

We love you too. :)

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Favorite One said...

You are soooo right about finding the perfect pastor again!
Just think - I had to go all those years after Dad went to Africa searching & searching... then, finally your "Diddy" came to Tennesee & I found the next best thing!
And NOW, I'm having withdrawals from his preaching!

I know you must miss them - but I KNOW God allowed them to come here & get me & Curtis to go to Grace. I'm sure that's not the only purpose God had/has for them here, but I am thankful that was one of the reasons/purposes!

I luv you & can't wait to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Eros,

You figure me out! You only get two chances. I'm the younger of the two. Just so you'll know your blog is the second one I've ever been to. God, Family, and friends. When you love much, you hurt much! It's worth the hurt, don't you think.