CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 9, 2007

It's Lovebug Season Again!

If you don't live in the South, then you may not know about one of the biggest pests we have. It's the dreaded 'lovebug' and they only swarm for a few weeks out of the year. If you've never seen one, well here's a picture of it:



As you can see, they fly around attached to another one all the time, hence the name 'lovebug'. They wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that they swarm like crazy! They can't just fly around and look cute by themselves. Oh no, they have to fly around in packs with no seeming direction.


This is just a small 2'x2' section on my door! Unfortunately, I've had a few casualties...



Oh well, that's what they get for getting in my door jam! Anyway, no more complaining about the lovebugs. You know, as bothersome as those things are, it made me wonder how horrible it must have been to experience the plagues of the Old Testament. I'm so thankful that God is merciful enough to keep us from suffering through that today! Whenever I read that part of the Bible, I always think 'Man, I can't believe these people were so bull-headed. Surely those plagues would prove to them that God is real!'. But you know, there are so many things going on in the world that make me wonder the same exact thing about people today. The crazy weather patterns alone should make people open their eyes to the fact that the return of the Lord is so close! I can't wait until that time comes! What a wonderful day that will be!!!
Anyway, until next time...

5 comments:

Fred said...

Hey Jennifer and Bill - Nice to see that you have your own blog. I look forward to reading more "posts" from you. Looks like everyone is doing this - especially since your Dad/my brother Lowell, started his. He's always been a leader though, so we should not be surprised.

Unknown said...

Hey Jennifer, maybe you can talk Tammy into doing a blog so we can keep up with her too. You are such a blessing and an inspiration. I love that we can randomly keep up with each other this way. It is so cool. God has been so good to all of us and we are so blessed. The Lord is really moving and our little church is growing. From 6 last year to we had 33 last Wed. night. God is GOOD! Please pray for us the way that I love to hear you pray. You are such a strong woman of God and I am honored to call you my family.

Travelin' On said...

The lovebugs...Yeah I think I remember those Louisiana swarms! ha
I remember the mosquitoes more though...they were BAD.
Cute post and good thoughts!

Favorite One said...

This reminds of the "The Brannen" newsletter - only this time everyone gets to write! Keep it coming! Luv you!

L A Brannen said...

You see?! It's like I said before, You and Bill ought to leave that hurrican-beaten swampland and move to Tennessee. I don't remember having any swarms of love-bugs here and I don't know of any hurricanes that have hit this 'Holy City' here in Tennessee. Of course you know my sense of humor. :<