CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 10, 2007

Well, it's Monday so that means back to work! I currently work as a dental hygienist at Oak Park Dental South in Lake Charles, LA. I really enjoy dentistry. I know, I know, I hear it all the time...how can you work in people's mouths all day? But honestly, it's a very fulfilling job. I get to build relationships with my patients because I get to see them every 6 months. For the ones who need more than just a routine cleaning, I get the satisfaction of seeing the healing that takes place between visits. The best part is when a patient finally starts to smile after being too embarrassed to for so long! The real truth is, I probably would never have thought to be a dental hygienist had it not been for a former uncle of mine who was a dentist. I guess being exposed to it, made me less afraid of it!


Anyway, before I got off on my ramble about how much I enjoy dentistry, I was going to make a point! Mondays bring a big groan to workers everywhere when that morning alarm clock goes off! There are so many people that I'll ask 'How was your weekend?'. The usual reply is 'Not long enough!' (or something along those lines). I know I always have so many things planned out that I want to do, but for whatever reason it never gets done. Lately, however, my outlook on the work week has changed. Perhaps it was the 3 weeks off work that I had after my surgery! I'm not sure, but I know that I'm beginning to look at my week as Monday-Sunday (not Monday-Thursday). I really think that this is how God would want it. Instead of rushing, rushing, rushing all week long to get to the weekend (and then feeling like we never really get done what we want to!), I think He wants us to view each day as a gift from Him. I'm beginning to enjoy my work week more. I'm learning to slow down!!! That's pretty big for me! Something that all of you prayer warriors out there can help me pray about.

Well, it's getting late and I've got work tomorrow, too. So, I guess that means I better sign off!

3 comments:

L A Brannen said...

I know you just posted this blog, so maybe you will get this comment before you retire for the night. I just made a comment on your previous blog and when I returned to your blogspot, this post was there. So, let me say I am really happy for you and Bill and I love you very much.
Diddy

Unknown said...

Jennifer, recently the Lord has dealt with me about the Mon-Sun. week too. So much so that Monday has become my favorite day of the week. There is so much to do, so many opportunities to share Jesus with people outside of the church, just so much... I must be kin to you, I ramble,too. I love you & hope you have a great day.

Travelin' On said...

I love the "tooth lights." Good post. I missed it earlier.
Good thoughts. Yep,it is good to try and enjoy EACH day, not just a few.